SeniorLiving.org began out the frustration of being a remote caregiver for a family member in need. After my father's first stroke and just before his discharge from the hospital, I needed to find care with in 24 hours. Searching dozens of websites, each listing only a few “paid” senior care options, was a hardship that I hope no care giver ever has to experience. After that, I decided that someone had to build a senior web site that puts seniors before profits.
In the beginning, our main goal was to gather the most complete directory of senior living options ever compiled.
This quest began in 2006 and now we have compiled more photo, reviews and other details than any other site. In 2009 I purchased SeniorLiving.org, which had been in service since 1999, to publish the database and to start helping care givers with articles written by experts in the field of senior care. Our articles are written by experts
in senior living and many include references to government sites where the real facts come from.
Why is SeniorLiving.org different?
- We include every senior living option from independent living to hospice. We have aggregated and standardized information from hundreds of sources. Although we are still missing some senior care options, we are constantly updating and improving the database.
- We're 100% unbiased. We do not have any direct-paid advertising on this site so don't favor any one service provider. We do sell data sets of senior care services (not user data).
- We're constantly updating to keep the information fresh and accurate. Any care provider can add a listing with images, cost info and full contact information. We do not withhold any information about care providers.
- We're a part of the community. We work with senior care experts to publish only the highest quality articles .
- We're not a corporate site. We are a family-owned site that is focused on providing the highest quality information.
- We help people with special needs. We love our data so we have compiled special lists for different groups like those searching for religious senior care and corporate senior care. We also create infographics like our guide to the cost of assisted living to help people see the data in a new way.
We thank you for using our site! We take a lot of pride in what we do and we hope that it shows!
The SeniorLiving.org Team
If you have any suggestions or feedback about this site, please contact us.