Signia Hearing Aids
Signia is the name that Sivantos Inc now uses to represent another of its brands, Siemens Hearing Solutions. Sivantos Inc is based in Piscataway, New Jersey and is the United States affiliate of Singapore based Sivantos Group.
Of all the hearing aids in use around the world, it is estimated that one in four is made by the Sivantos Group, making them one of the top hearing aid manufacturers in the world. In addition to the Signia and Siemens brands, their hearing aids
also carry A & M, Audio Service, and Rexton branded hearing devices.
Among all these brand companies, they have helped the world to hear better for more than 100 years. Today, Signia and Sivantos Inc serve hearing professionals in over 120 countries across the world. In addition, they offer a number of additional products and solutions that include smartphone apps, hearing aid accessories, and diagnostic workflow solutions of hearing care centers.
Sivantos Inc has long been considered a pioneer in the field of audiology and their brands – including Signia – share in that stellar reputation. By putting the preferences and needs of the consumer first, they have continued to improve and expand their hearing aid solutions. Coupled with extensive consumer research and development, Signia/Sivantos continues to offer hearing aids with features that put their devices at the leading edge technologically as well as making them more effective, durable, stylish, and comfortable to wear.
A number of innovative features are available in Signia branded hearing devices. All Sivantos brands offer features that are designed to make their hearing aid offerings able to produce outstandingly natural sound quality, more comfortable to wear, and easier to use.
Not all models of Signia hearing aid offer all the available features. Consulting with an audiology professional can help you to determine which features – and thus, which hearing aid – are best suited to your particular hearing needs to afford a customized hearing solution.
Among the features offered by Sivantos Inc in their Signia branded hearing aids are:
- Own Voice Processing (OVP): The OVP feature provides uncompromised audibility by processing the wearer’s voice instantly and independently from other sounds. This provides the most natural own voice sound to reduce the “tin can” effect.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: This feature is becoming a mainstay in hearing aid technology and allows direct connectivity with smartphones to stream phone calls. It is also available in Signia/Sivantos StreamLine TV device allowing connectivity for movies, television shows, and other broadcast events.
- Tinnitus Therapy: Signia/Sivantos hearing aids offer built-in Notch Therapy to combat the ringing of tinnitus. Notch Therapy can help provide long-lasting relief from the effects of Tinnitus. This feature provides four ocean wave signals and five static noise types.
- Remote Control Options: This feature allows the hearing aids to be discreetly controlled with the free myControl App.
- Exchangeable Windscreen: This handy feature protects the hearing aid’s microphone from dirt, excessive noise, and wind to keep it functioning at optimal levels.
- Ultra HD e2e Link: This continuous full bandwidth link allows ear to ear connectivity allowing data exchange and audio processing between two hearing aids.
- IP68 Rated Wax Guard: This feature extends the life of Signia/Sivantos devices by making them resistant to dirt, dust, sweat, and moisture as well as an accumulation of ear wax that can reduce the effectiveness of the hearing aids.
- Directional Microphones: Speech recognition and comprehension are improved in noisy situations with this feature that allows the wearer to focus on the person directly in front of them.
- Wireless CROS/BiCROS: This device transmits processed audio signals via Ultra HD e2e technology from the hearing aid in one ear to that in the other.
- Twin Phone: This feature allows a telephone signal to be transmitted from one hearing aid to the other clearly.
Signia Costs & Pricing
The cost of hearing aids generally falls in a wide range – from $1,000 to $5,000 – and Signia/Sivantos devices are no different. The cost depends largely upon the specific features and design that is chosen. Audiology professionals that provide these devices may offer in-house financing and other payment options to help defray the cost of hearing better.
Signia – as a part of Sivantos Inc – is constantly developing and integrating technological advances into their hearing devices in an effort to better meet the needs of the hearing-impaired community. Their commitment to the creation of superior hearing solutions for all continues to drive them forward.
Among the options available with Signia /Sivantos hearing aids are those that address ease of use, comfort, style, and function. They offer a number of features that keep them competitive with others in the hearing solution industry. All told, Signia/Sivantos offers quality hearing aid products with a history of innovation and dependability that promises to keep them at the forefront of the industry for many years to come. Read our full review of Signia here