Cox Internet for Seniors
When you’re looking for internet service, there are many factors to take into consideration. Internet speed is one of the most important, as is cost. Both of these factors will help determine what type of plan will work best for your needs and budget.
Let’s take a look at what Cox has to offer to its internet customers.
Internet Speed & Plan Costs
Cox offers several internet plans depending on what type of speed you’re looking for and how much you want to spend. If you’re just looking for standard service to keep you within budget, the Internet Starter 10 is probably your best bet.
Cox Internet Starter 10
- Cost is $29.99/month with a one-year service agreement
- Up to 1 Mbps upload
- Up to 10 Mbps download
- Ideal for fewer than 3 devices that browse the internet
Cox Internet Essential 30
- Cost is $39.99/month with a one-year service agreement
- Up to 3 Mbps upload
- Up to 30 Mbps download
- Ideal for 3-5 devices that occasionally receive emails and for light internet use
Cox Internet Preferred 100
- Cost is $59.99/month with a one-year service agreement
- Up to 10 Mbps upload
- Up to 100 Mbps download
- Ideal for 5-7 devices and internet users who are power web users
Cox Internet Ultimate
- Cost is $79.99/month with a one-year service agreement
- Up to 30 Mbps upload
- Up to 300 Mbps download
- Ideal for 7-9 devices and advanced users who manage large files or stream videos
- Cost is $1199.99/month with a one-year service agreement
- Up to 35 Mbps upload
- Up to 1 Gbps download
- Ideal for more than 9 devices and advanced users who need to manage large files or stream videos
- 10 email accounts with 15GB storage each
For the average senior who wants simple internet access
, either one of the first two plans listed above should be sufficient when it comes to internet speed and use.
Internet plans include the following features:
- 500,000 WiFi hotspots with the Internet Preferred 100 Plans and higher
- Cox Security Suite Plus to protect from viruses and online threats
According to the Cox website, there are no senior discounts listed for internet service. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t call the company to inquire about discounts that may be available in your area.
If Cox service is offered in your area, you can inquire about bundles to get discounts on all of your services. You can bundle your cable, home phone, internet, and any home automation services to bring down your cost. Each discount is done by area and the type of services you have, so you need to contact the company to determine what type of discounts you may be eligible for.
You can choose from a starter plan with limited cable channels or a contour plan that includes more channels. The starter plan offers 75 channels for $25/month. If you are on a fixed income and just want a few channels, this is the best deal.
For home phone, your service can include TV Caller ID, readable voicemail. Phone plans start at $29.99/month. Prices will vary depending on service.
Although Cox does not advertise any senior discounts, its starter plan can be affordable for seniors who just want basic internet service. While there aren’t any bells and whistles, the Internet Starter Plan gets the job done. For seniors who live in areas where Cox offers phone and cable service, there is the option to bundle services to save money. Since bundles are determined by location, it’s important to call to see what deals you can get. Depending on the service you’re looking for and the budget you have to work with, Cox internet service can be a viable option for many seniors