Pacifica Senior Living Review and Costs
Pacifica Senior Living is one of the largest retirement community providers in the country. With 100 communities across 14 states, Pacifica has helped house and care for thousands of residents from coast to coast. The company focuses on compassionate, personalized care for every resident, while also continually expanding its large network of senior living communities. Since it began in 1978, Pacifica has won numerous awards for its quality of care and commitment to its residents. Resident and family testimonials highlight staff expertise, clean facilities, and excellent amenities.
In this guide to Pacifica Senior Living, we’ll cover the types of care and programs offered, amenities, costs, locations, and more.
Pros About Pacifica Senior Living
- Award-winning senior care facilities
- Adult day care services
- High-quality, individualized dining experiences
- Communities in multiple states and regions
Cons About Pacifica Senior Living
- Costs vary widely by location
- Types of care vary by location
Types of Care
Pacifica Senior Living offers six primary types of care, similar to other senior living companies we’ve reviewed, such as Brookdale. Each type has some degree of crossover. For example, someone who elects for memory care will likely be living in an assisted living facility. Alternatively, a resident who is enrolled in adult day care will have access to many of the same services and amenities as full-time residents.
Below is a breakdown of each type of care provided by Pacifica Senior Living.
- Independent living: Pacifica’s independent living allows residents to enjoy all the freedoms of living on their own, with a few added bonuses. In addition to having trained professionals on call as needed, residents have access to a vibrant social community of their peers, fine dining, and voluntary programs and activities. Residents can spend more time enjoying their retirement, as staffers take care of things like lawn maintenance, housing repairs, and even laundry.
- Assisted living: The assisted living facilities at Pacifica are designed for residents who can no longer live completely on their own. Pacifica assisted living is adapted to the needs of each individual. From helping residents with mobility issues to administering medication, this care ensures that older adults can live comfortably, even when they cannot do certain tasks independently. Visit our guide to assisted living to learn more about this type of community.
- Memory care: Pacifica’s Legacies Memory Care specializes in patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss. Many older adults may not have problems moving around or managing physical tasks, but they might struggle to take medication or remember important times, dates, and locations. Legacies Memory Care is designed to help these patients feel safe and secure, while also providing memory-boosting activities.
- Respite care: Pacifica’s respite care provides all of the same care as assisted living to seniors while their caregivers vacation or those who have recently been discharged from a medical facility.
- Skilled nursing facilities: Pacifica’s skilled nursing facilities offer short-term access to round-the-clock medical care for those who are in rehabilitation after injuries, surgery, or similarly invasive procedures. These facilities operate much like nursing homes, but rather than offering long-term stay options, they are designed to help patients get back on their feet as soon as possible with 24/7 medical attention and care.
- Adult day care: This program gives older adults a place to relax, socialize, eat, and take part in activities while their families or caretakers are working. Additionally, adult day care can be individualized based on the schedules and needs of each family. This means that seniors can stay for an afternoon, overnight, or for weeks at a time.
Our free housing and care finder uses your unique needs to curate a list of the best options in your area.
Pacifica Services and Amenities
Pacifica Senior Living offers a wide range of services and amenities to long-term residents and short-term patients alike. The company designs its amenities to enhance quality of life and foster community among residents. Residents and families often mention the engaging activities and amenities offered in their reviews. It is important to note that some amenities, services, and even types of care are not available at every location. You will need to contact the Pacifica community nearest you to ensure that they have the kind of services and amenities you want.
In any case, the vast majority of Pacifica Senior Living communities offer the following services and amenities:
- Restaurant-style dining
- Nutritional and dietary care
- Salon and barbershop
- Outdoor grilling and barbecue stations
- Laundry facility
- Walking trails
- Pet-friendly facilities
- Wi-Fi access
- Music programs
- Emergency alert systems
- Assigned resident parking
- In-room dining
- Scheduled transportation
- Exercise classes
- Housekeeping, trash, and linen services
- Maintenance services
- 24-hour emergency maintenance services
Pacifica Senior Living Cost
Pacifica has evolved over time to include nearly 100 communities in 14 states. While this means that millions of Americans live in close proximity to a Pacifica community, it also means that the living costs and general expenses vary widely by location. The cost of living in certain cities is a major factor, as well as the cost of medical care in certain states.
Pacifica is not as transparent about pricing as other companies we’ve reviewed, such as Bickford Senior Living. Below is a breakdown of the estimated average costs for assisted living care in several states where Pacifica Senior Living has locations to give you a better idea of potential costs:1
|Location||Average monthly cost|
Keep in mind that these numbers are just estimates, and costs will fluctuate from one community to the next. Prices will also vary by the type of care you require. The costs generally range between $4,000 and $5,000 per month for assisted living, while independent living is often a little cheaper, and memory care may be more expensive. Pacifica has a guide to understanding care costs that provides more useful insights.
Pro Tip: Generally, the more hands-on care you require, the higher the cost will be at Pacifica Senior Living. That said, be sure to factor in your needs and requirements when creating a budget for your retirement living!
Despite all of the variables that can affect the price, Pacifica Senior Living has some of the most competitive pricing across the board. While it’s cheaper than many other providers, Pacifica is not the cheapest option on the market. Therefore, you will need to contact the Pacifica Senior Living community near you to get an exact quote for the services you require.
How to Pay for Pacifica Senior Living
You may be able to get extra help with Pacifica Senior Living costs through private health insurance like long-term care insurance. Additionally, Original Medicare, Medicaid, or Medicare Advantage may pay for certain services. However, you should not expect insurance to pay for the bulk of your living expenses at Pacifica or any other senior living facility. Visit our guide to Medicare insurance to learn more about coverage.
Our team of senior living advisors provide free guidance to help you find the right housing option for your needs and budget.
Pacifica Senior Living Locations
Pacifica Senior Living has around 100 communities across 14 states. You can find Pacifica locations in:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Rhode Island
Compared to larger companies, such as Atria Senior Living, that have hundreds of locations across the country, Pacifica’s footprint is fairly small. Still, it has locations in several states, so it’s an excellent option if a community is available in your area.
Final Thoughts on Pacifica Senior Living
Pacifica Senior Living combines the size and resources of a large senior living company with the care and attention of a smaller organization. Each location caters its care to the specific needs of its residents. However, this also means that care and pricing can vary from one Pacifica community to another. Nonetheless, Pacifica is an award-winning company that dedicates itself to providing high-quality care to seniors and retirees across the country. If there is a Pacifica community near you, it’s worth looking into.
Genworth. (2022, Jun 2). Cost of Care Survey.