ADT Home Security Systems for Seniors
Home security is an important concern for a majority of American seniors. They have worked diligently their entire lives for the comforts of a safe home and treasured belongings. Protecting these assets, as well as ensuring their personal safety, is crucial.
ADT offers home security and home automation features that can give both convenience and security. Learn more about their monitoring service, equipment, and more to decide whether ADT is worth the investment for your budget and lifestyle.
ADT Equipment Packages
Most of what you end up paying for if you choose to go with ADT's home security system is their monitoring service. Every ADT monitoring package includes a basic equipment package and installation, valued at $599. You can also add extra equipment for an additional fee. The basic package includes the following:
- Digital keypad with touchscreen: This is the central hub of the home security system, which allows for hands-free two-way connectivity with ADT monitoring center dispatchers.
- 24/7 monitoring: Access more than 20,000 monitoring agents who are trained to respond quickly to system alerts. They are located in nine interconnected monitoring centers across North America.
- Three entry-point alarms: These sensors can be put on windows and doors, and they trigger an alarm if an entry to your home is forced open.
- High-decibel alarm: This is a loud siren that will warn you of danger and scare off intruders.
- Motion detector: This will scan the room and trigger an alarm if any motion is detected. Certain packages will enable you to take advantage of extra features like turning on lights or starting video surveillance. These motion detectors are pet-friendly up to 80 pounds.
- Backup battery: Never worry about loss of protection when the power goes out. This 12-hour emergency backup battery power source will help keep you protected from criminals.
- Wireless keychain remote: Operate the home security system from anywhere within 50 feet of the keypad control center.
- Yard signs and window decals: Let potential intruders know that your home is secured by ADT so they are discouraged from breaking in.
Quick Tip: Check out our list of the best home security systems for seniors to see how ADT compares to the competition.
Additional equipment that can be added to a security system can be purchased from ADT. Certain equipment requires specific monitoring plans, but you can expect equipment to include video surveillance cameras; home automation devices, such as automatic door locks and light systems; and video doorbells, to name a few!
Monthly Monitoring Fees
ADT offers three monitoring packages: Secure Home, Smart Home, and Video and Smart Home.
- Prices starting at $45.99 per month
- Basic equipment mentioned above included
- Prices starting at $49.99 per month
- ADT Pulse included, which allows you to control your system from your smartphone and joins your home security and automation features
- Includes one smart door device compatible with the mobile app
Video and Smart Home
- Prices starting at $57.99 per month
- Most popular plan
- Includes everything in the Smart Home package, plus video surveillance and recording.
To be eligible for these monthly prices, a 36-month monitoring contract is required. Early-termination fees apply.
ADT home security systems are all professionally installed by people who are trained to optimize your home security and automation system. How much you pay for installation will depend on the monitoring package you select and any add-on equipment you want installed. The installation fee is $150, which is built into your package cost.
ADT Senior Discounts
ADT offers a 20 percent discount on installation and $2 off monthly costs for AARP members. In addition, they regularly run limited-time deals. Look out for ADT specials to find the best deal for your needs!
Final Thoughts on ADT Home Security
If you are looking for a basic home security system with landline monitoring, ADT is a great home security system brand to consider. However, prices for add-on equipment are a bit higher than those of most other home security companies. Monthly monitoring rates are also on the higher end of the scale. So, if you are seeking a more extensive system with added features, then another service may be a better choice.
You can get a free in-home consultation from ADT, which is worth considering, but other companies offer a better value overall. If stellar customer service is of importance to you, ADT is a safe bet. They have plenty of positive reviews regarding their response time and dependability. Plus, ADT has a long history and extensive experience providing home security, making them a brand you can rely on.