The Best Assisted Living in Denver
Denver, Colorado, is a beautiful city that sits just a few miles east of the majestic Rocky Mountains. With a population of 713,252, Denver is the most populous city in the state by far. Denver is also home to more than 89,000 residents over the age of 65.1 To help ensure that older Denver residents can live in comfort, there are more than two dozen retirement communities and assisted living communities within the city limits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best assisted living communities in Denver, Colorado. Continue reading to see which community may be the right choice for you or a loved one.
Our Methodology: How We Chose the Best Assisted Living in Denver
Denver is a big city with many suburbs and dozens of quality assisted living options, so it was no easy task to narrow down our list to just five facilities. Our experts spent over 50 hours researching the best communities in Denver, focusing on these key factors.
- Cost: The cost of assisted living in Denver is higher than the national average, which can make it difficult to find an affordable community for seniors living on a fixed income. We considered this and tried to find the best assisted living communities for a wide range of budgets. Prices listed are from each community’s website or conversations with a facility representative.
- Available care: Only one community on our list solely offers assisted living. We think it is beneficial for seniors to consider communities that offer multiple living and care options, such as independent living and memory care.
- Reviews: We read through dozens of reviews for every single contender and include a summary of our findings. In most cases, we see common themes regarding positive and negative feedback about each community.
- Amenities: Amenities can help an assisted living community feel like a luxury resort or a home away from home. Our research focuses on communities that offer extra perks and benefits for seniors to enjoy.
- Location: In a big city like Denver, location is very important. Since many seniors like to have certain comforts nearby, we look at communities that are close to parks, shopping, hospitals, museums, and other practical or entertaining points of interest.
- Staff size: We highlighted assisted living communities that offer high staff-to-resident ratios, often with a maximum of eight residents per caregiver.
Need Help Finding Senior Living Facilities Near You?
Enter your ZIP code so we can provide the best options in your area.
Find Senior Living Near You